Friday, December 4, 2009

Baby is Here!!!

Hawken Kast Berg is HERE!!! Hawken is a name we sort of made up... No, it is not after Tony Hawk, although it would make sense that it could be. :) But really, it's not. I like the name Hawk, but we wanted it to be more than 1 syllable, so Paul added the end, and that's how we got Hawken. Kast is the maiden name of my Grandmother Evelyn Marie (Kast) Christensen. She is a very important person to me and Paul and I both felt it was the right name for this little guy. :)

Labor and delivery were okay (details later), but he is here now and that is the big picture. :)
I will post more of the details in a post to come, but right now you just get a glimpse, because, well, I am tired. :)

Wednesday (12-2-09)
  • 2pm contractions started
  • 5pm got to hospital
Thursday (12-3-09)
  • 4:55am baby arrives
  • 7 pounds 10 ounces, 19 and 1/2 inches long, 9-9 Apgar score
  • 8pm baby pics sent to Paul and name is chosen
Friday (12-4-09)
  • 2pm released from hospital

20 comments:

shanda said...

your dedication to the blogging world KILLS me!! haha =) thanks for the sweet pics though!

Anonymous said...

He really is a cute baby boy. He sure has lot of dark hair. We have a Dr Hawkins at Alta View. He has a nice name. Glad you got to go home. Be sure and get some rest. Let family help you.
Love Grandma Berg

Lacey said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! He is adorable and I love the name! You look amazing too by the way!

Lauren said...

Such a cute baby and what a fun name! Congrats on your growing family!

Melissa said...

And now they are Four!!! So excited to come see you - Let us know when you feel up to visitors!

paigeandbryce said...

Congrats!! It's amazing that you were able to update the blog so quickly. Hawken is such a cute kid with a really cool name! We're so excited for you and Paul.

- Bryce & Paige

The Fredericks said...

YAY!!! hooray hooray! congrats :) he is gorgeous- seriously, that is one CUTE kid! Paul is on cloud nine here on the island and we are so happy for all of you :)

Josh and Kelly said...

Woohoo!!!! I was wondering after a day with no post if you were in labor, and sure enough, Paul confirmed you'd had the baby! So of course I was anxiously checking the block every few hours waiting for pictures- and he is a cutie!!!! Man, I am getting baby hungry again, so when you come back you may just have to let me steal him away every now and then so I get my fix! You look great, and I'm glad everything went well. So excited for you, and wish you were here (well, besides the tiny factor of having to deliver your baby in a third world country:) )

The McLaws Family said...

Congratulations!!! Seeing your pictures makes me even more anxious for my little guy to get here!! Just a few more weeks for us! Love the name! I bet Matix is goin to be a great big brother!

Nick and Jesse Coleman said...

Very cute little guy! I'm glad you both are doing well, and we will see you soon! :)

Michigan Roys said...

Congratulations! Amazing! That's a lot of dark hair. Did Matix have that much? I'm sure you are enjoying everything - you always seem to! I'm glad he's here!

Grandma Kim said...

Congratulations! Hawken sure is among the cutest babies I've seen (Matix included).. I feel so lucky to be here helping and getting to know him! He's such a calm and peaceful little guy. So easy-going.

Amy said...

Oh, he is sooo adorable. Congratulations! I guess I won the race though, my little girl was born on Wednesday. :-)

Sara said...

Jessie, you look so pretty after just giving birth! Your little guy is a cutie too--look at all of his hair! Great job!

Aaron and Maria Call said...

Ok, so you have a baby and are blogging soon after....you are incredible! i'm going to try to get better at it, but just so you know, i'm doing great...finals are upon us and life is crazy but i will try to get more up this week or next! thanks for keeping everyone updated on the baby! he is so gorgeous! wow i can't believe you have two babies....time has flown by!

Ray, Star, Tanner, and Connor said...

I was so happy to learn that you had had your baby! Thanks for having your father in law call me! I feel so special! :)
Hawken is a great name! And he is so cute! I can't believe how much dark hair he has!
Let me know when you are up for visitors, can't wait to come see you.
It's amazing how fast you updated your blog & posted pics!
You look amazing!

Nick and Jesse Coleman said...

Okay, so I know I already commented, but I just thought of something! So, does this mean that you will be blessing Hawken out here in our branch when you guys get back? That would be so fun if you are! :)

♥ kimberly said...

Congratulations! What a cool name, too. I love names that have meaning and a little history. Hope you guys are doing well!

Heidi, Dallin, and Jacob said...

Congratulations!!!!!

Stephanie said...

He really is stinkin cute! I am so happy for you guys! Good luck adjusting to life with two!