Monday, June 14, 2010

Lazarus

Our maintenance man Lazarus was here the other day and he pulled a bunch of coconuts down from the tree in our backyard. He was trying to show me the difference between the coconuts that have "meat" and the ones that have "milk". I still can't tell the difference from the outside like he can. Oh well.

He let Matix try them both. Matix prefers to eat the "meat" of the coconut from a little homemade spoon from the shell. :) My little island boy!

Matix of course thought it was amazing to watch Lazarus pull down the coconuts and cut them open with his machete. Very cool. Here he is waiting for more... paci in hand, smiles all around, oh, the anticipation!

3 comments:

Grandma Kim said...

So many wonderful experiences! You'll have to keep the memories alive for him and for Hawken with stories and pictures.

Anonymous said...

You really are raising island boys. They will not know what to do in the snow. They are so cute and I think WHAT A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE!

The Fredericks said...

I love it! so fun :)