Sunday, August 15, 2010

party ideas

Matix's friend from nursery had a birthday party a little while ago. Her name is Avery and her mom (Sarah) had a bunch of great birthday ideas... Yes, I will be stealing some very soon... :) It was a very fun day for all of us.

They did finger painting which Matix thought was great (after the first initial shock of me wanting him to get messy).

This is Caleb (Avery's little brother). He had fun painting too. Can you tell? :)

Hawken just hung out at the pool. Being cute and happy.

On the topic of birthdays... Lately we have been having a lot of them, and because of that, we have been singing the birthday song lots too. Here's the funny thing. Every time we sing this particular song, Matix screams and cries... WHAT? :) Since Matix's birthday is coming up and we want to sing to him we have been trying to prep him for the singing part with NO luck. Any ideas? :)

4 comments:

Grandma Kim said...

This won't help, but it's a related story. When your Uncle Carl was about to turn three he became very fearful and was adamant that there be no party, no cake, no song, no nothing! He later explained that his identity had for so long been "Carl David Christensen two years old", and he believed that if he turned three, he would die and a new little boy would come in his place (Carl David Christensen FOUR years old. Poor little guy. Thinking too much!

Josh and Kelly said...

Ha ha that is pretty funny. I'm sure once he associated that song with yummy cake he will be over it in no time!

Lacey said...

Hmm, I wonder why that makes him cry..? I have no ideas! :(

And Jessie thanks so much for the salon reference! I was just in Union Square today and I'm going to make an appointment to get my hair cut there in the next few days! Thank you so much! I'll let you know how it turns out!

The Fredericks said...

J told me that he cried during the b day song- what?! I think that is hilarious by the way- I will think of some awesome way to fix it :)