- We could only drive 51 mph on the highway on our way here because of the way the trailer was weighted. Our trip went from the guesstimated 10 hours (via mapquest) to 14 hours (via stopping for hungry babies and toddlers) to the grand total of 20 hours!!! Yuck.
- When we got here, we found out that the fence was not finished, the heat was not working, the dishwasher was not installed, and the washer and dryer area was for a stacking washer and dryer not the traditional side by side kind...
- Once the dishwasher did get installed, it didn't drain.
- Unpacking boxes from Arizona that we hadn't seen in over 2 years AND boxes from Miami was pretty challenging. Not every box was labeled, and "helpful" children complicated the matter.
- Having house guests (my Dad, sister Jolie, and nephew Bradley came from Wisconsin and Paul's parents Lee and Stacy came from Arizona) in a freezing cold house, with no guest beds was... interesting. :)
It took a lot of work on everyone's part to get this place in order. Stacy ran around like the energizer bunny organizing the kitchen and all the bedrooms. Lee installed the washer and dryer with Paul. My Dad, Jolie, Paul and Lee built the playset in the yard. Jolie and my Dad cleaned up the yard of leaves and debris. I cooked the meals and played with the kids mostly. Bradley, Matix and Hawken played and watched movies and made lots of messes. Lullaby slept mostly (after hours and hours of screaming in the car). Jolie organized the playroom and ALL the toys. Stacy and Lee left on Tuesday. Jolie and Bradley left today. My Dad will stay here through Christmas. It was SOOOOooooooo wonderful having everyone here to help, unpack, install, fix and build things. We loved having everyone here and finally having a house big enough for everyone to fit! Hooray! :)
All in all though we are really very happy here. Most of the problems have been worked out already.
The title of the post is mostly because of today. Today, Jolie and Bradley left. They missed their flight so after 3 trips to the airport, they finally got to go home to Wisconsin. Then I came home (again) to a screaming baby (she is teething, of course). After calming her down, and falling asleep myself, I woke up to a crying Hawken. He was complaining of leg pain. He got his cast off a little over a week ago, and then today, he slipped and fell, and BROKE IT AGAIN. The next few days will be filled with doctor appointments, carrying around 2 babies instead of just 1, and fussiness. Oh Hawken, please please let your leg heal. :) What a day.
We plan to go see Arthur Christmas tomorrow, in hopes of making Hawken sit still. Wish us luck. Merry Christmas.
6 comments:
Welcome to Georgia!!! I hope GA is nicer to you after this...she's been great to us. Where are you guys living?
Oh my goodness! What an adventure - but then again, when are you guys not in the middle of an adventure! Miss you both! A super fantastic Christmas to your sweet family from the Lawpeshes! Love you guys!
Sorry to hear of everything you went through. I hope everything is going better now. Your dad needs to stay one more week and help you with all the Dr. visits. Call your RS president. Lee broke his arm the second time while he had a cast on. He was just running and jumping and fell. Boys will be boys and some time they just do not know how to walk. We wish you a very Merry Christmas and the best New Year ever!
Oh Noooo!! I can't believe he broke it again!! In the same spot? I'm a little worried about that! Keep me posted. I hope Christmas itself will be good to you. I love you all!
Oh my! I am glad you had so many helping hands! I am so sad for Hawken that he broke his leg AGAIN! No fun! I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!
Wow, so much crazy, difficult stuff! I hope Hawken's leg heals fast! Glad you made it to your new home, had so much help, and like it there. Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment