Friday, July 20, 2012

amazing

Paul, 
     I am ever impressed with your kind-hearted self.  While driving, we saw this car pulled over on the side of the road. I thought, poor guy... but you thought, I should help. You pulled over just in time to see a very worried old man looking at his car tire, torn to shreds. We could both tell he didn't know what to do by himself. I sat in the car and watched you as you surveyed the damage, got his spare out and rolled it over to our car to air it up.  You patted him on his shoulder and comforted him and told him what you were doing as you did it.  You took time out of your day, a day off amid many more days on, to help a stranger.  When you do things like this (which is a lot), I am always humbled that I got you. You are my husband and I hope more of your amazing goodness rubs off on me and our children, because I think you are awesome.  Thank you for being the example I had always hoped for in a father for my children.

4 comments:

Mom said...

Oh he is SUCH a sweet and wonderful man!! We are all so lucky he is in our lives. (Thanks to you for capturing his heart!)

Marie said...

I am always terrified that it will be on the side of the road one day. Thank goodness there are people like Paul willing to lend a hand! This is a very sweet tribute too.

Grandma said...

Paul, you are so caring and good to help others. We are so very proud to call you grandson. You are very much like your dad who has always helped others also. Love to all of your family.

Mom said...

Jess, I forgot to tell you, I put this one on my facebook page, and SO many people have "liked" it.