We went to Wisconsin Dells to the Wilderness Lodge. It is a hotel/water park, with areas inside and outside. It was SO SO SO much fun. Jolie drove (so we got there fast... :), my mom sat in the passenger seat, I sat back with Bradley and Alexandra in the middle row, and Matix and Hawken got the third row. The 3 youngest slept on the way up, but Bradley was way too excited about the movie to fall asleep himself.
Jumping on the bed in your hotel room is a must.
The largest indoor kiddie pool was just around the corner from our room. It was just the right size for our kiddos too. They had a blast. Jolie and Bradley under the mushroom. He didn't stop smiling the entire time.

Me with all 4 kids on the big slide. Too fun!

After stripping the boys down for bed, I caught them snuggling on the bed. I love these boys. :)
Right outside our room was a little lake and ducks to chase in the morning before the pool opened.
The second day we finally got some summer weather and we were able to visit some of the outdoor water areas too. It really was a great time. Bradley, Matix and Alexandra even tried out some of the big slides. Matix made these horrible scared to death faces on the way down, but would then say, "Okay, I do it again!" with a big grin. Crazy boy, he must be related to Paul. :)
The boys took a nap poolside with all the screaming children, loud music and other water park noises. My mom rented this cabana and made it their most expensive nap to date. :) Thank goodness they will sleep anywhere. :)
There was also an arcade, with play until you win games. The kids left with a million little rubber duckies. Too fun. There was also this moose lady walking around, which everyone was scared of, except Matix.
There were a ton of exploring games and activities too. This ball thing was the best. It had a bunch of tubes shooting air up and little foam balls to balance in the wind. Cool right?
We all had a great time. Although we wished Paul could have been there, he was busy studying to get his rocker grades, so I think it all worked out for the best. Thanks again mom for a great time!



4 comments:
Wow, that looks like so much fun!!
So crazy that we were there at the exact same time as you guys! I wish I would have known at the time so that we could have gotten together at the pool! That place is great--I can't wait to go back sometime.
You are welcome! I wouldn't have missed it for the world. I vote we make it an annual event.
Oh! And I LOVE the pics and especially the videos! Some of these I hadn't seen before. Great memories.
Post a Comment