Friday, July 15, 2011

Heather and baby shower

Sadly, I don't have any good pictures of my sister Heather with Matix and Hawken. This is about the best that I have. It is from a day we went with her to Chuck E. Cheese.
But, I really need to post something about her, since she was the one to get the boys their very first train set. Two days before we left Wisconsin, I got a surprise shower... By surprise, I mean, I was lied to and completely shocked. My sisters, mom, grandma, even Paul and my dad were in on it. I forgot to get something from my mom's house and went there to get it, when I heard a bunch of people yell "SURPRISE!!!". This was my reaction. Obviously, I hadn't known, or I would have planned a cuter surprise face. :)
The boys were both upset that we were NOT actually going to the cabin, or on the boat, or swimming like I promised, but Heather came to the rescue by giving them their new train set. This train set is now their most prized possession and travels with us wherever we go. She also got them their first 2 trains (Thomas and Stanley). Since then they have acquired another 6 trains. Woohoo! Thanks again Heather for thinking of that and spending so much time with them. They really miss you.

Now back to the shower... Since we are traveling and couldn't really take anything with us that was very bulky, everyone chipped in on a gift card. So thoughtful. Thank you to everyone for the fun surprise, nice gift card, and cute little girly things. We are so excited to get some more pink things!! :)

2 comments:

Mom said...

I was so thrilled (and surprised) that Paul was able to keep it a secret! Fun day. The cutest part was before you arrived Skylar and Hunter were the "Lookouts." They were very serious about their job.

Josh and Kelly said...

What fun! That is a great idea for the gift card, and trust me, you will be so glad you have it when you are walking through stores and see all the cute girl things- they are hard to resist!! And I can't believe how grown up your boys are getting! They are both talking so well too!