Sunday, September 9, 2012

Matix goes to school

Matix had his first day of preschool last month. He loves it. He goes two days a week for 4 hours on each of those days. He cries on the days off in between.  He carries his batman backpack proudly.  He has made lots of new friends that he talks about a lot.  Dries is still his favorite, and he says a little girl named Ellavie chases him and gives him hugs all the time (she also dresses like Strawberry Shortcake everyday, which I love).  His teachers are Miss Emily and Miss Jessie.  On his first day, I did all the typical pictures.

Then Matix wanted to improvise. He had a few ideas of his own, as usual.

I am going to do this class picture with him (and Hawk and Lullaby) each year until he graduates. I think that would be fun to look back how much he has changed year to year.  He will graduate high school in 2027... Seems so far off!
I am so proud of this little guy, I can’t even tell you. He is so kind and smart and silly… I can hardly believe I have a preschooler, and in a few more days he will be FOUR!

5 comments:

Mom said...

The time has FLOWN!! I love the idea of the Class of 2027 pictures every year.

Mom said...

Good luck tomorrow!!!!! I'll be thinking of all of you.

Grandma said...

Cute, happy big boy. He reminds me of his daddy. The time will go so fast, you will wonder someday what happened.

Heidi, Dallin, and Jacob said...

I love the class pictures idea. Cute!

Chelsea, Jason & June said...

hahah what a ham!! how fun that he is starting school, I really like your idea with the chalk picture--i'll have to remember that one! ...by the way HAPPY BIRTHDAY, hope it was a great day :)