Saturday, September 22, 2012

school

Matix loves going to preschool. Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9am until 1pm. He is in the Owls class.  His best friend Dries is in the Fireflies class and those two classes are together for part of the day, which I know is Matix’s favorite part.

I am so intrigued by all the things he has been learning there. He comes home and will bring up little things, that I know he didn’t learn from me. He can pump on a swing now, and says things like, “Well I think you should have a turn now, that’s fair.”

The school has a very nice family feel to it and the kids are often doing little projects and talking about their own families. One of the times they were collecting family pictures. We went through the ones that we had and the two that he picked to share with his classmates were of a time he went on a small boat with Hawken and grandma Stacy in Miami and the other picture was of him feeding a giraffe.

He is very proud of the artwork he makes there. I have a few painted crab apples in my kitchen windowsill right now. They do all sorts of cool exploratory art projects. Dipping cars in paint and rolling them down a paper covered ramp… Using (new) flyswatters to splat paint on a canvas… Matix brings home the most interesting pieces. He is proud of all of them and we hang them up in the hall near his room.
I love that Matix goes to school, although I miss him, like really miss him, while he is there. He is so grown up, all of a sudden. My big four year old.

2 comments:

Mom said...

That whole separation thing is so exciting, amazing, scary, and hard, all at the same time.

Joey, Amber, Ken , Ellie, Bruce and Patrick said...

Love reading all the updates. I'm glad to see everything going so well for your cute family!