Sunday, May 19, 2013

Good-bye Utah and Arches!

Hugs and loves to Paul's Grandma and Grandpa Berg for being the sweetest people ever. They let us stay with them for MONTHS for free.  I don't know how we would have made it without them. Seriously, they are lifesavers! We love you guys and miss you terribly!

On our way, there were lots of snacks and movies and snuggling baby dolls.

And a little of this. I love those sleepy baby faces.

We stopped at Arches National Park just after the kids got up from their naps. First we went to this big sand slide area. Paul had been dreaming about sliding down this hill for a while and although it was really slow, the boys had fun.  Lulli stayed with me and dumped sand on my shoes.  Kina had to go back to the car because the sand was too hot for her feet.

Hawken and Matix thought crushing up the little sand clods was amazing. I remember doing this as a kid too.  Something cool about turning a "rock" into sand.

Lulli picked some flowers while we waited for the boys to be done on the hill. It was SO hot.

Then we went for a short hike back to see "Skyline Arch".  It was gorgeous and the perfect length hike for our kids. I think round trip it was about a half mile. 

And we even set up a family picture. I love it.
The stop ended up being a LOT long than we had planned, but it was worth it. We didn't get into Phoenix until almost midnight, but the kids did pretty well.  Now we are planning on leaving here (Arizona) in the morning and I have another week of pictures to still catch up on... 

2 comments:

Jamie said...

You actually have a belly!!! :) How exciting! when do you find out?

Brady and Lindsay Wood said...

Your baby bump is too cute. Love it! Good luck with the house projects. Sounds like lots of hard work.