Thursday, May 16, 2013

last week

Our last week in Utah was bittersweet for the kids. We spent every moment doing something, visiting cousins, having picnics, going to parties, and lots of packing.  Although in these pictures, they were DELIGHTED to be sitting on Daddy's new scooter, they were a mess most of the rest of the time.
We kept them up way too late doing way too many things, and they let us know! I can't tell you how many tantrums were thrown and how many times I was told that the boys wanted to stay in Utah with Grandma and Grandpa Berg instead of going to Arizona/Texas.  All this change is hard on little ones and I feel bad doing it to them, yet again.  BUT, now that we are here in Arizona and slowly getting them back into a more regular routine they are doing a bit better. They are still naughtier than usual, which I don't love, but the days are few until we are in our own house in Houston. We really have been loving all the time we are getting with family, but it will be nice to get back to normalcy. You know?

1 comment:

Mom said...

Both sides of a good coin. Good to be traveling and visiting, and getting out of the routine sometimes builds flexibility and the ability to go with the flow. But calm know-what-to-expect-next is nice too. Some book I read once said that exceptions to the rule should be only once in awhile, otherwise they become the rule. Enjoy it while you can!