A volcano erupted on an island called Montserrat... Click this link to read an article about it. The island is a few islands north of ours. You have to look hard, it is TINY! :)

And there is a thin layer of ash everywhere. We didn't hear or feel anything, but this morning it looked a little like it was snowing... Although usually it doesn't snow when it is 70 degrees outside at the coldest. :) The sky is gray, which is strange, since it is usually so blue.
I tried to get a video of the little ash clouds we make while we are walking in the grass, but you can't really see it on film. Also, our power went out (luckily we have a generator)... I don't know if that was related to the volcano or not. :) Oh well. Interesting way to start the morning, right? :)
3 comments:
Trippy!! I think that would be so bizarre...good thing that it looks to be a ways north of you guys...oh and that there is ocean separating you as well! :) Nice and safe in Dominica!
yay! I just stole your pic and some of your words! ha :) everyone will be so impressed with my post- I wonder if I should give you credit? :)
Scary!
Post a Comment