We really lucked out with the house we have. It is close to campus, has fairly cheap rent (for Dominica at least), and best of all it has an AWESOME backyard! :) Matix spends hours each day exploring, hunting lizards, collecting rocks and other little treasures... And since it is fenced in, he can be out there even when Hawken and I are inside.
We have a banana tree, mango tree and a coconut tree in it too. Paul cuts down coconuts sometimes and he and Matix drink the milk. I don't really like it. :) We also have a few mangos growing, and can hardly wait to eat them. :) It isn't all jungle though, as you can see, most of it is just grass.
I just HAD to take a picture of this leaf. It is bigger than Matix and it is not an optical illusion. It really is that big!
Poor Hawken hardly ever gets his picture taken because for the majority of the day, he is strapped to me like this, so we can go chasing after Matix. :) And he is getting better with the wind and doesn't seem to mind it as much as long as I am holding him.
5 comments:
so nice to have a yard! I love the last pic of you holding Hawken, you are such a beautiful girl, truly.
I love the sling you have for Hawken. Where did you finally find it? Did you have to make it? It's great!
I always love to see pictures of the little ones, but today I loved seeing the back yard.
Gramma Evie
That backyard is a little boy's dream!!! It's awesome that Matix gets to get outside and explore...and that you know you are in a safe place in order for that to happen. It's perfect! Soon enough you will have 2 little ones roaming around out there...Hawken is so stinking cute...and getting so big!!
I need to come visit...well sometime before you guys leave there...ha ha.
Okay, now i am convinced we need to have a play date! What a fun yard, and a fun boy!
Post a Comment