Wednesday, February 24, 2010

What to do in Dominica

Here in Dominica there are tons of things for kids to do. Play on the beach, swim in the pool, explore... But a few of us thought there should be more... So, last semester a few of us started a play group. It is still going on this semester, although the days are now Tuesday and Wednesday. Same time, 1pm at the CAC on the 3rd floor. Please come if you can. It is nice to have lots of people there.

Of course Matix is fighting for a toy in the picture. :) These are some of the kids at play group a few weeks ago in order of age.

Hawken met his first girlfriend. Jazz. :) Isn't she cute.

Watch the placement of her hand.

She is going in for the kill. :)

Holding hands. So cute.

After all that hand holding, Hawken crashed out on the couch. :) What a good boy.

This semester another group of moms started a "story time" activity for the kids. :) YAY!

It is more for the older kids than Matix right now, but we go anyway. :) He doesn't get a whole lot out of the books they read, but he enjoys being around other kids (and I enjoy the other moms) and he LOVES the songs they sing in between the books. :)

Story time jumps from house to house and this week (Friday the 26th) will be here at our house. So, if you can come, please do. :) It will be at 10:45 at our house... it's the blue and white house on Lizard Trail. Email me if you don't know where that is.

After reading books and singing songs, then all the kids get to play for a bit before it is lunch time and everyone goes home or up to campus to eat together with their families. Matix had fun with all the kids.

And Hawken fell asleep on the couch again. :) How cute is Tate? Very interested in the sleeping baby. :)

8 comments:

Josh and Kelly said...

Love the pics! I think Shane might have been the culprit in that one! Whoops! We will most definitely be there on Friday, can't wait!

Jamie said...

CAN'T WAIT!

Lacey said...

I loved the first picture. I was looking at it, and thinking, "oh those kids are so cute!" and then I read the caption about the kids fighting over the toy and looked at it again and just laughed! Sooo funny!

Anonymous said...

Great activities for moms and kids! They are all so cute.

Michigan Roys said...

Oh so fun! The joys of friends and play group and books and toys!

The Fredericks said...

of course you have them by age! so cute :) we miss you- but love america!

Grandma Kim said...

Jazz is such a cute first love. Great idea the story time!

Michelle said...

Okay, I have to say this...but I am positive that Hawken is getting more action than I am! HA HA...kidding..but funny.

I love that Matix has friends to grow up with, and that all you moms have this. This is a fantastic idea!