Wednesday, September 12, 2012

the almost broken foot

While Jolie and my dad were still here... something happened... We THOUGHT Hawken broke his foot. Yep.  He was running and he fell and after that he wouldn't put weight on the left side of his left foot.  He walked weird and was crying and wanted me to wrap his foot up in his blankie, since that would probably make it better. Matix stayed at home with Jolie and my dad, while Hawk and Lullaby and I went to the ER. Lullaby cheered Hawken up in the waiting room.
After a few x-rays, they determined there was no break!  Hooray! I almost jumped for joy. Hawken was just milking his sprain. He got some tylenol and started running around again later that same day. After one break, I guess I have turned into that mom that drives to the ER, pays $6 in parking, waits for 5 hours for a sprain... Oh well. I am thankful it wasn't broken.

3 comments:

Michigan Roys said...

I'm so glad that it wasn't broken!

Mom said...

Five Hours! Ugh!! But better to be safe that sorry. Glad it wasn't broken!

The Fredericks said...

its waaaay better to be "that mom" than have a kid with a broken foot for days-- I'm so happy it wasn't broken though and I LOVE the cute little lovies pics.