Monday, March 10, 2014

free carnival

Two Saturdays ago, the kids and I were driving to Home Depot to do the kids workshop. On the way there, they spotted a few bounce houses and asked if we could stop. The bounce houses were in a parking lot of a new medical group that recently opened, and I figured it was probably a private event for the families of the people who work there, but I told the kids I would check. Well, it turns out that the event was a promotional thing they were doing that was free for everyone. What?! So we went and it was GOOD! Bounce houses:

Organic turkey burgers, apples, juice, water, pretzels:

Face painting:

Police and fire fighters:

Free games (with prizes) and crafts:

Cupcakes ladies walking around handing out cupcakes:

Meeting J. J. Moses (one of the very few football players I have heard of before) and Don Trull, they thought this was how Matix was pronouncing his name, ha!:

Balloon animals:

Snow cones and popcorn:
And everything, every single thing, was free. What? We were there for about 4 hours, and by the end, I was tired! Solace was content to be in the baby bjorn the whole time (except when I took him out while I ate lunch), but my back and shoulders felt it that afternoon.  I was so happy we found this little carnival, and we had the time to hang out there all day.

6 comments:

Grandma said...

What a fun four hours!!!. I could not see any other kids. They sure treated you well. The kids look so happy and like they are really having fun.

Mom said...

What a find! How cool that it was at a time when you could stop!

Mom said...

Plus lunch!!

Marie said...

What an awesome find!

Stacy said...

You have the best of luck. What a fun morning. And what a great Mommy to allow the time to enjoy it all.

Mindy said...

I feel like you guys are always finding random free bounce house events! Hah