Tuesday, April 18, 2017

beach day

Going to our favorite beach is always fun. This was one of the wear-your-scrubs-while-surfing days, as we picked up Paul straight from work.

Sully made best friends with a teenager who was trying to listen to music while he was reading his text books... Sully ended up wearing the headphones and the kid probably got little to no reading done. Go figure.

While Matix and I were out surfing, a monk seal swam in for a rest on the beach. They are beautiful creatures and so much fun to see.

When we came in, there he was!  I didn't see him at first and started walking straight back to our spot on the beach, but luckily saw him before we got too close.

We watched him for a long time, until he was ready to go back in for a swim. What a cool world we live in.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Amazing!

Stacy said...

Yes, you do live in a wonderful part of the world. I love the seal. I wish we could see one sometime, but I would want to go hug it, so it's best we don't.