Sunday, April 30, 2017

field trip

I was invited to go on a field trip with Matix's class to the Coral Museum. The kids got to learn all about different rocks, shells and corals. They even got to make a bracelet. It was a lot of fun watching Matix and his classmates, they were all pretty well behaved too.

On the ride home, I got calls from our neighbors, asking where I was... Because Lullaby had WALKED HOME from the babysitters' house, and was at our locked house alone. Thank goodness I have such wonderful neighbors. Her story goes like this... Lullaby and my friend(the babysitter)'s daughter were playing in the yard behind her house. The daughter went inside and Lullaby wasn't sure which house belonged to them, so she decided to walk home. (?!!!) She walked the 1 mile home by herself. And when a security guard tried to pick her up and drive her home, she said, "You're a stranger, I'm not going anywhere with you."  The security guard of course called her supervisor and continued following Lullaby to be sure she was safe. Oh, did I mention she was barefoot? She was. Meanwhile the babysitter had called her friends and neighbors who were walking up and down the streets near her house calling for her. She also called security and eventually they met up at our house. Lullaby was relieved to see her. I wasn't happy that Lullaby left the yard, but I was excited that she knew how to get back home by herself. I was also happy she didn't get into the security guard's vehicle. She's a smart girl. Next time though, I hope she'll just play inside. :) My friend, her babysitter was SO apologetic. My neighbors glared at her every time she came over after that. I love my neighbors, they were just looking out for Lulli.  Then for the next hour, I kept getting pictures of the kids playing INSIDE the babysitters house. So funny. By the time I got back everything had been worked out.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

WOW! What a story. I'm so glad she is so smart and careful.