I think I am done taking pictures of my loot. I have figured out a good system, and am consistently bringing home free stuff, so the pictures would just get annoying... A recent friend/acquaintance who throws away old newspapers gives me the ones with the coupons in them. Sometimes I get quite a few. I look through them, and then read online ads, blogs and coupon forums to see if any of my coupons match the sales. For example, the "got2b" hair products which are normally priced for $5.99 each, were on sale buy 1 get 1 free at Walgreens. According to Walgreen's coupon policy, you can you use 2 coupons in a buy 1 get 1 free deal, meaning the coupons that I had for $3.00 off 1 got2b product made it FREE if I bought two products and used two coupons... So, thanks to old newspaper guy, I had 40 coupons, which equaled 40 free hair products if I used them all. The idea of couponing is to hold onto the coupons and use them in conjunction with a sale to make the best deal for you.
This last picture is from a haul that I made at Walmart, one of the only stores that allows overage, they paid me $1.39 to leave the store with contact solution, cans of dog food, toothpaste, etc... see the picture. It was awesome. The best sites that I have found for freebies and coupon sale matching are: couponmom.com, thekrazycouponlady.com, wildforwags.com, and mrcouponer.com... there are a ton more too. All worth checking out if you have a printer for the online coupons, or if you can get your hands on some Sunday inserts (red plum and smart source). Try it out, it's completely addicting.
2 comments:
What a thrill!
Awesome! I actually used some of the Got2be coupons this week. I paid $4 out of pocket and got $5 register rewards. Since I would have to buy diapers anyway...it's pretty much free! :o)
Post a Comment