Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Grandpa George

Well, today I had an interesting experience. I was making lunch for everyone, and I suddenly smelled my Grandpa. I checked everything around me to see if it smelled like him, but it was just in the air, in and out for a little while. I called my mom right away to see how Grandpa was doing, and in fact he had been in and out of consciousness since this morning. I have a feeling that when a person is unconscious, their spirit can separate from their body, which is why so many people can explain their "out of body" experiences after they awaken from being unconscious. Anyway, I think, somehow, he was able to be near me, even if only in spirit, and even if only for a few moments. It made me tear up a little but I was happy to be able to say good bye when I really felt like he heard me. My Grandpa died a few hours later in his bed with my Grandma by his side. I will miss him, and will always think of him when I play cribbage, or eat kringle, or have house guests that stay too long :) I love you Grandpa.

4 comments:

Mom said...

What a tender eulogy. Makes me cry happy tears and sad tears. He loved you so much and was so proud of you.

The Castros said...

Sorry for your loss. Im glad that you had that one last connection with him and got to say good bye. I will be sure to say a prayer for your family.

Anonymous said...

What a special moment for you. He must of loved you very much. I am glad you got a chance to say good bye. Sorry for your loss and your family's loss. We send our love to you.

Ray, Star, Tanner, and Connor said...

Jesse - so sorry to hear of your lose. I'm glad that you were able to have that final connection and you were able to say goodbye. The lose of any loved one is hard, but knowing that we will be able to see them again is comforting. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.