Friday, March 30, 2012

Kids Workshop

Each month Home Depot does a "kids workshop". I knew about it for a while, but we didn't end up going until December. I thought it would be too challenging for my little guys, especially since I wouldn't be able to help much with a baby strapped to me. :) Buuuuuuuut, we went there on the day they were holding the workshop for some other things, and the lady at the door greeted us and told us where the workshop was... So we tried it out. Hawken sat in the "car cart" most of the time Matix was making his snowman napkin holder, but then at the end decided he wanted to make one too. The employees were SUPER helpful and good with the boys. These ended up being Christmas presents. They were very proud of them.

Since then, we have gone every month. They got a free In January they made banks, which they love and use all the time. That one involved painting, which was messier than I thought it could be, but the end results were great.

In February they built and then painted little heart boxes. We were planning on sending them to Emmy and Ellie (their betrothed) for Valentine's Day, but time got away from me and now they want to keep them. (Sorry girls.) Paul came this time too, which was fun. Lullaby enjoys the view from a foot higher, I think. :)

And, of course, balloons to end the day...

March was our favorite so far. They built CARS! If you know my boys at all, you know how much they LOVE cars! For some reason this time there were lots of companies at Home Depot promoting their products and services too. They all had little freebies, so besides their cars, we got ice cream, face paint, 2 levels, 2 tape measures, 1 mini screwdriver set, balloons, and more I think. They were SO happy. :)

Matix asked for "a princess with blue eyes like Cinderella, and blue hair too, PLEASE" The very nice face painter obliged and painted him a princess. Matix was SOoooooo pleased. He walked with his cheek forward to show it off. Then he asked how to kiss his princess... Hmmm...

What kid doesn't love ice cream?
April 7th will be the next kids workshop, and we can't wait to go. It's super fun.

2 comments:

Mom said...

The way you described one-on-one help for little ones was GREAT!! How fun and different, and FREE!!

Kimberly said...

I've always wondered how complex the workshops are. We'll have to start going!