Monday, March 5, 2012

grandpa george

This sweet little Matix man makes my heart so happy.
My grandpa George is very sick right now, and will probably not make it much longer. We just received this news earlier in the week, and he is deteriorating fast. It's sad for me that I can't go to say good bye in person, but really, there is nothing more that he or I would say to each other. He knows I love him, and I know he loves me.
He has been slipping in and out of lucidity and will ask about the kids or Paul or myself, which makes me happy. My grandpa and I have never been super close, but he is my grandpa, and I love and respect him very much. I hope that with whatever time he has left, he can be at peace and not in pain. Matix came to give me kisses when I was sad today, and Hawken said he would give me a blessing. :)

2 comments:

bryce and paige said...

So sorry your grandpa is sick. I love these pictures of you and Matix. They are precious and you are so beautiful!

Mom said...

Grampa would be so glad that you can take comfort from your precious family.