Grown up tantrum over. :) I was just having a bad day. Everyone was nicer to me the next day, we even had friends over. Lullaby is doing great with potty training. She woke up dry after naps and bedtime (last night - the night before she wet the bed). Progress! Hawky and Matix surprised me and cleaned the playroom by themselves, including vacuuming. The vacuuming is what gave them away, but it was meant to be a total surprise. Sully can sleep un-swaddled, although now he has a stuffy nose and has been waking up because of that. But the swaddle thing seems to be mostly forgotten. Just before Paul came home (on my grouchy day), I brought the kids over to a friend's house. They played there for a bit - even Solace - while I came home and made our appetizers. Blood orange salmon, my own secret recipe, it turned out perfectly.
Paul was happily surprised to have the house to ourselves for a change. We ate our fish and talked and played a game, then we went out for dessert. We went to The Chocolate Bar, it reminded us of our dates with the Williams family back in Georgia (miss you guys!).
We picked out every little thing that looked good, which was a LOT of things, and sat down and indulged.
I felt a thousand times better by the time we went back to pick up the kids, which was just over 2 hours later, but was the break that I needed. Thanks for all the kind words from everyone when I was throwing my temper tantrum!




4 comments:
You are entitled to have a temper tantrum once in a while.
The salmon really looked good. Send me the recipe. We both love fish.
all of your treats looked good1
What a nice date! Did the trick for you too. :)
Sounds much better! Hooray! I'm so glad we don't have one of those chocolate bar places around here because that all looks amazing! What fun!
Jessie! Every mommy has bad days. I can't believe you have so few - you're amazing. What a fun break though - yum!
Post a Comment