Monday, February 24, 2014

vaccines and the children's museum

Solace had his 6 month old check up on Wednesday and everything is looking good. He is in the 50% for weight and the 75% for height. Typical for him. And he took his 4 vaccines like a champ. He cried the worst he has, ever, but stopped after I scooped him up away from the nurse. He stared her down until she left the room. Lullaby got weepy, but Matix and Hawken stayed strong for Sully and kept reassuring him that he would be better now.  After that, we headed to the Children's Museum. We were going to meet up with a friend, but she had something come up.  So the 5 of us partied it up. That place is too much fun.

Face painting station. Lullaby wanted a heart and a butterfly.  Matix wanted a skull and cross bones on each cheek. Hawk wanted a brown smiley face on one side only. All very specific. Thank heavens they liked my work.

Sully played with his feet for a while... Best baby ever. What will I do when they are all 4 running around?

Then he slept for an even longer while...  Sweet thing.

The big kids ran and played and screamed and had, seriously, the best time. The Children's museum is my favorite place to take them.  They can be wild and free and explore and discover... It's fascinating to watch.

We went outside and found a new area we hadn't been to before with water. It was a pretty warm day, so splashing in the water and getting soaking wet, actually felt good. Thank you Houston weather.

After his long nap, Sully felt a little better and sat happily with me, watching the big kids.  This could be my favorite picture of the two of us.
We played and played for hours. From when it opened until way past nap time. When we got home, Lulli and Solace went to sleep, but I let Matix and Hawk SKIP naps. They were in HeaVeN!! So was I when bedtime came early at 6pm and everyone slept in the next morning. Yes please.

5 comments:

Heidi, Dallin, and Jacob said...

How fun! I wish the children's museum here were less expensive and closer so we could go more. Cute picture of you and Solace!

Marie said...

Looks like fun! It doesn't even look super crowded (the one in Utah can be crazy busy).

Char said...

Love that last pic! Your children's museum looks awesome!

Mom said...

Wow!! I LOVE all the hands-on exhibits they have there. Way more interesting than the children's museum here! And I love that pic of you and Solace too. Really a good one.

Stacy said...

I'm so glad the kids are still enjoying the museum. I love seeing Matix playing doctor - who knows? He'd be good - has a caring, sweet disposition. I can't believe how soaked Hawken was after the fun in the water. And the pic of you and Solace is precious.