Thursday, February 20, 2014

food

Some days I encourage playing with food. I cut up little bricks and odd shapes of cheese for them to build with while I get the rest of lunch ready.  Or let them build pretzel people for snacks.

Other days, I find that they have been helping themselves to the frosting from all the cookies.  These cookies were slated for a friend, but of course, we ate them all ourselves after Matix taste-tested most of them. :)

Either way, meal time is always an event. Solace is currently very entertaining at the table. Making faces, and laughing big belly laughs. Love this baby.

I have been trying out some new foods with the family, and although mostly they like what I make, sometimes it's a complete flop. Paul and I ate and enjoyed these scallops, but the kids thought I was trying to kill them. They literally choked down each bite. Poor things. The scallops really tasted good though, so I will try it again.
Other things I have made that they liked were spicy coconut curry, salmon (cooked several different ways), and quinoa. We've eaten lots of quinoa before, but the things I have been adding are new (mushrooms, chickpeas, etc.).  I'm glad I don't have picky kids. They don't always love what I make, but they will eat it. And that's good enough for me.

1 comment:

Mom said...

The baby is SO BIG!!!!