Thursday, July 16, 2015

Kids Say

Before I forget, as I often do, I wanted to write this down. Matix, Hawken, and Lullaby all talk about our lives, where we have lived before, our adventures, our stories. Whenever they are talking about Miami though, it gets funny. Since I am usually the one telling the stories, they think I am saying "My Ami", so when they retell the story, or talk about it, it sounds like this;

Lullaby telling a stranger about where all the kids were born…
Lullaby: Matix was born in Phoenix. It's very hot there.
Stranger: Wow, that's pretty far from here. Were you born there too?
Lullaby: No, I was born in my mom's ami.
Stranger: Huh?
Lullaby: Mommy's ami is a nice place to be. There are lots of beaches there.
Me: Miami Florida
Stranger: Oooooohhhh…
Everyone laughs.

This has happened so many times. All three big kids do the same thing, no matter how we try to teach them. So funny!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Love it!

Stacy said...

I love the way their little minds work things out. :)