Thursday, July 2, 2015

Mother's Day

Mother's Day came and went this year, along with the rest of the months of May and June, in a blink.  I spent the day wrestling my kids at church for the first hour, and rocking other people's screaming babies for the second two hours. Typical Sunday routine for me. I was feeling pretty sorry for myself and my no-breaks job as a mom, and my not-always-fun calling as a nursery leader, and my always-busy kids, and my always-working hubby, when I got these cupcakes and lots of reassurance from my sweet hubby. It's funny how a simple gesture can mean so much.
Happy Mother's Day to my mom, Stacy, my Grandma Evie, Paul's Grandma Berg and all the other maternal influences in ours lives at one point or another. Being a mom is a mostly thankless job, and it's challenging, and sleepless, and exhausting, and just when you think no one has noticed anything, they do. I love you guys!

3 comments:

Mom said...

Thanks! I love being your Mom! And I love you!

Stacy said...

Hang in there. The day will come when they will thank you and it will all seem worth it. You're a great mom!

Grandma said...

Happy Mothers Day to a wonderful Mom. Your kids love for you says it all.