The Flores girls hung out with me lots during the last day while Johnny and Makenzie packed and packed and packed. Johnny stayed up all night the night before, just packing. They left with MORE boxes than they came with, and still left tons of things here. It was a BIG job, and I didn't envy them. Poor things.
It was a group effort getting their U-Haul truck packed up. The kids helped by running up and down the ramp and getting filthy dirty. Paul and Johnny loaded up the truck and I made up some snacks for them to have on the plane. Makenzie was busy getting things set too.
They left on a weekday, so the boys had to say goodbye before they left for school.
After a while, I set up a movie on my computer in my room for the kids tow watch and stay out of the way, so Johnny and Makenzie could finish up packing and loading.
Almost done!
They said good bye to Sully and Lullaby and left for the airport to drop off all the boxes and suitcases. I took my kids to Pam's house, so she could watch them, and I drove to the U-Haul with their girls to meet them. It was taking them longer to get there than was planned and I was worried about them catching their flight. They did get there, turned in the U-Haul, and I drove them back to the airport and they made their flight.
It was sort of bittersweet when they left. We got to move into the master bedroom (which is HUGE and amazing and we love it), and have more quiet in the house and things like that. But it felt different for a while after they left, and we missed them. I'm sad their plans to find a job and live in Hawaii didn't work out, but I'm happy they are on a new adventure that they'll make their own. Good luck in Florida Flores family! We love you!









3 comments:
I'm sure it was quite an adjustment for the kiddoes to have them gone. I hope things go well for them in Florida.
You're back to being a true single Mom again, but just in time for Paul to have his grown-up, easier, Wednesdays-off schedule! Perfect!
Thanks for everything Bergies!!!
Post a Comment