Tuesday, September 21, 2010

free trip

We went on the beginning of the semester FREE RSO trip to Roseau to go grocery shopping. This was the first time I went with them because they agreed that if I rounded up enough people, we could get 1 bus to come back early. Usually the spouses that go on this trip spend all day (8am to 3 or 4pm) there, and I can't do that with 2 sleepy, hungry, or bored little boys. :) Anyway, I got 6 other adults (many with their kids in tow) in on it. Hawken fell asleep going there and coming back. Tracy and I chatted and chatted and chatted (she and I are apparently the SAME person). Matix and Lexi, always imitating the other and being so silly.
We bought tons of things at, my favorite, Save-A-Lot and a delicious pineapple from the market. It was the fastest trip ever and we all got home before lunch... which is quite an accomplishment because it takes about an hour to drive there, and another back. Our bus was full to the brim on the drive home, but totally worth it. I bought enough peanut butter, jelly, oatmeal, ground turkey, black beans, pasta, and pasta sauce to make it until we leave (I hope). Those are all things we eat a lot of and Paul and I had counted it out the night before. We will see if we were good with our estimates.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

That was a great trip! Lexi and Matix are so cute! She talks about him all the time.

Mom said...

What a goos feeling to be all stocked up. Sounds like the drive was fun too.