Matix had his party on Saturday at the pool. It was a really fun. His friends came, we played games, ate cupcakes and treats, and of course, went swimming, what more could a little boy want? :) So far Matix has had all of his birthdays here in Dominica. What a fun thing to remember.
Matix had lots of friends bring him gifts. Had thought that was pretty fun. Thanks guys!

Paul and I got him this real soccer ball. He and Hawken had to try it out right away.
The game we played was very simple. I dumped a bag of little rasta basketballs in the pool (about 30 of them) and told all the kids they had 1 minute to get them all out and into a basket. They went crazy! It was pure chaos! Giggles and screams of happiness all day long.

Then they got to pick a prize. We played the game tons of times until every kid thought they had enough prizes. :)
We decorated cupcakes too. Matix and his friends thought this was great fun. I like it a lot better than doing just 1 cake. This is less mess and everyone gets what they want. I love it. :)
We sang happy birthday to Matix and there was NO crying! Hooray! Normally he doesn't like the song sung at all, but with the cupcake in front of him, he did great. :) I think he thought we were going to say prayers right then... You can see him folding his arms. Cute.
Yummy cupcakes!
Matix spent some time trying on all the shoes of the other kids (a favorite past time of his) and splashing in the puddles with his best buddy Shane.
Family shot. Of course. :)
Happy Birthday silly boy! I'm so happy you loved your party!
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Matix!!!! Your buddy Tanner says HI!
I'm not sure about kids decorating cupcakes being "less mess," but it's definitely more fun! I love your idea for the pool game with the balls! What a simple entertainment! Great idea!
Post a Comment