Friday, September 10, 2010

Indian River hike with Paul

During the break we went on the Indian River hike again. This time Kelly and I were the guides... Yikes! We had both only gone on the hike once before, so it was interesting to say the least having a group of people depend on us to lead them. :) Here is most of the group in a small banana tree grove.

Jemulyn and one of her little sisters joined us. Here they are swinging on the vines. :)

Paul thought this tree was amazing! He always wants me to take pictures of him like this, hiding behind something, peeking out. Silly.

Of course, the mud was there again, but this time it didn't completely engulf my shoes. Paul was helping everyone down.

I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts...

Just before we got to the river we passed this huge guava tree. The fruit on it was big, ripe and ready to eat. Even the air smelled good. Yum!

Hawken tasted his guava when we got to the river, but he wasn't quite sure he liked it that day. He usually eats it right up.

Family photo... Will I ever get one with everyone looking nice, or even just all of us looking at the camera? :)

Daddy time. Oh, how contented he looks to just be in his daddy's arms. I love it.

Checking out the river below... This is just before he threw my sunglasses in. They are lost and gone forever now. :( Sad. I have since found new Dominican sunglasses. Yellow, with gold on the sides. Yikes, I know, but I didn't have many options to pick from. :)

Let the swimming begin! Paul, of course, climbed up this tree and jumped in.

For some reason, Matix was completely distraught when Paul was up there and cried the whole time. Then again when I jumped, he cried. I don't know what was so upsetting, but he really hated us going out there. Silly boy.

Shane, Matix and Hawken. Best buddies. :) Matix talks about Shane all the time. I think they should go to Miami with us for 5th...

Hawken's love affair with Kelly continues. :) Here she is trying to get him to walk to her. This was still when he was unsteady in new places... He has since gotten over his fears and walks around everywhere, whether I want him to or not!

Here is a group shot. I feel like I always want to have a group shot of the things we do with a big group. It is so much fun for me to look back at the pictures and remember everyone who was there.

Walking though the lemon grass on the way to the road.

We passed a horse farm along the way. Matix coaxed one over to him. Of course.

Back on the road on the way back home. Such a great day.

2 comments:

Josh and Kelly said...

Nice sly mention on the Miami thing, ha ha. Come on, you can pay half price in Michigan! They are best buddies, I love it. And I meant to tell you the other, I like those yellow sunglasses! It was a fun day, I'm glad we didn't get everyone lost!

Mom said...

What a wonderful day! Hey what's this about half-price in Michigan? I vote for Michigan!