Picking out the Christmas tree this year was fun. It made it feel a lot more Christmas-y in our house. Paul and I usually get real trees still in the pot (not chopped down). They're a tiny bit more expensive, but not by much, and then you can plant them afterward, hooray! :) I found a very pretty one, symmetrical, full, not falling to one side... but the boys found the one that they wanted and we decided to go with that one. It was tipping over and not as full, but they loved it. They were excited, but cold. Poor things were still used to Miami weather.
Bradley came with too. It was fun having three mobile kiddos (Lullaby stayed home with Jolie and my dad, she was already sleeping for the night). They were all very well behaved. I was really happy about that.
The next day, we decorated it. All three boys were very excited about that. Bradley had obviously done it before, and was a pro. Matix wanted to put all the ornaments on one side. Hawken wanted to play with each ornament before allowing us to force him to hang it on the tree. We stuck with the non-breakable ornaments this year... It may be like this for a long time.
When the kids were done, we had a little mini Christmas. Jolie and Bradley were going back to Wisconsin for the 25th, so we had a little celebration here with them before they left. The boys got Bradley a present and he got one for them. We also got Jolie a little something. It was nice, but I wish they could have been here for real Christmas. It's just more fun when there are more people. :)
2 comments:
I see some of your old ornaments from when you were a little girl! How wonderful!
I think the boys did a great job picking out the tree...its PERFECT!
Post a Comment