Wednesday, January 25, 2012

no more swaddles

Oh how I love this baby. She is absolutely perfect. Yesterday I decided she needed to learn to sleep without being swaddled. It made me a little sad to think that she is growing up so fast. But, she can roll over too well now to be swaddled safely. I am worried that she will roll into a position that she can't breathe well in, and with her arms pinned in place, she might not be able to get out of it. Lullaby has always been a good sleeper (not through the night yet though) until her cold and then teething started... then learning to roll both ways (tummy to back and back to tummy)... Anyway, I figured it would be better all around if she could sleep (and soothe herself back to sleep) un-swaddled. Well, since she is the perfect baby, of course she mastered it in less than 2 nights. Good job Lullers! I started a Bachelor marathon just in case, and now I am hooked, hence me still being awake at midnight... I could have had a good night's sleep too. Poop.

Proof that Lullaby can sleep un-swaddled. This is from a week or so ago, she passed out watching the boys run back and forth, laying on my tummy up and holding my hand in the playroom. I love her.

4 comments:

The Fredericks said...

She really is the perfect baby- and she has learned her perfection from her cute mother!

Mom said...

So peaceful! Is that in your living room? Or up in the playroom?

The Castros said...

Good job Lullaby!!

Josh and Kelly said...

I LOVE swaddling my babies but hate when it's time to start taking it away for safety and such. I'm glad you had such an easy go of it!!