So I realized, I never posted an update on Hawken and his forever broken leg. The short version is this: He is a faker and milks all injuries so as to be snuggled MORE by mommy, and mommy falls for it every time. His leg is not broken.
The longer version goes like this: At the end of November, Hawken DID break his leg. Click this link to read all about that horrible experience. After 3 and a half weeks in his cast, he got it off. 2 days after that we moved to Georgia, and he wasn't having any problems. No pain (I think he would have told us) and no real issues other than walking with his right foot turned out more than it should be (the doc said this would be normal for about 3 weeks until he retrained himself how to walk again)... ANYWAY, about a week after we were here, Hawken was running to get outside and slipped on a stuffed animal on the floor and slid/twisted while he fell. I wasn't there to see this one, but Paul and my dad were and they both said that it didn't look like a bad fall. But when he got up, he cried and refused to put any weight on it. CRAP! Not what I wanted to hear. Paul took him to the ER, and after seeing his x-ray (you will always be able to see where the break was), and seeing that he was favoring his right leg again, the doctor said he probably broke it AGAIN. This time they only put it in a splint though. Since it was in a splint, we took it off and gave him baths like normal. And because it was a "toddler fracture" there wasn't any worry of it getting any worse if he did decide to put weight on it. So during the nightly baths, Paul and I noticed that when he wasn't paying attention, he would put weight on it and stand up. Paul was pretty sure it wasn't broken, but I was nervous. Turns out he is a FAKER! I was so hoping that was the case, and after a week in the splint, we took it off and told him his leg was all better. He said, "Okay!" and walked right over to me. So, now we know that his leg was not broken, only hurting. He probably fell weird and it probably did really hurt at the time, but it's NOT broken, thank heavens! :)
And here are some pictures of Hawken lately. He is in LOVE with Sakina. He asks where she is 50 times a day. He lays on her and brushes her and feeds her treats all day long. His latest interest has been to dress her up. Poor Sakina is the most patient dog in the world. The face in Sakina is priceless. I love it!
2 comments:
I love all these pictures. I was going to say I like the last one best, with Hawken's adoration showing. But I really like the tolerant, patient look on Sakina's face too!
What a little smarty that boy is!!! He knows how to work it!
Post a Comment