Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Paul update

It's Wednesday evening... 6:47 to be exact. All three kiddos are SOUND asleep, thanks to a warm day and TONS of outside time and a long walk to the store down the street and apparently tryptophan in my milk for Lullers. :) Today is Paul's LAST (hooray hooray!) 24 hour shift for his OBGYN rotation. He has had four 24 hour shifts in the last seven days. Yeah, I know. Crazy, right? Not only has he had these, but also his regular office shifts. Fair warning to anyone coming for an OBGYN rotation in Georgia: don't let your medical student spouse come unless you like never seeing them, or you want to pretend you're a single mom. I have not liked this rotation as much as the ones Paul had in Miami. In 3 more days, Paul will be DONE with OBGYN though, and these 6 weeks have finally come and gone. :) It wasn't all bad though, he is rotating with a really nice student/friend which makes it better. Plus he has been able to participate in quite a few births (natural and c-section). I think that seeing new babies being born is special, even though I don't quite care for the guts and blood and stuff like that, Paul doesn't seem to mind. OBGYN is NOT on the list of what he wants to be though (thank goodness), mostly because of the hours and (understandable) crankiness that comes along with it. I am so proud of Paul and all his hard work and dedication. He works a lot harder than he needs to, because he really wants to gain experience out of each of these rotations. I love you hubby, and I'll see you in the morning!! Hooray!

6 comments:

Mom said...

T.G.I.O (Thank Goodness it's Over!) I bet the next one will be easier on all of you.

Josh and Kelly said...

I think OB is probably killer in a lot of places- a good preview of what would be to come if you were to choose that for life, which thankfully, neither of our husbands has!! Hooray for it being almost done!

Norm and Cassi Beatty said...

way to go paul on another rotation down! and to you for surviving! :)

The Fredericks said...

eewww!! I'm so happy that you are almost done-- J is almost done with psych- our worst so far- no thank you to EITHER of those gems... hooray for all of you though for making it through!

The Castros said...

Every day is a step closer! Keep up the good work! (Both of you)

Anonymous said...

Way to go Paul and Jessie. I think the honors go the wife as well. You are getting closer Paul we are really proud of you.