Friday, April 12, 2013

Easter Sunday

The day before Easter, Paul and I (mostly Paul) drove down to Arizona.  The kids were SO excited that they got to do ANOTHER egg hunt. In the morning we walked from our "napping house" (the house we stayed in, but only for napping and bedtime) over to Grandma and Grandpa's house. Paul and I bought a couple treats and Stacy bought the whole rest of the Easter section in the store. The entire table was filled with gifties and candy and movies and all kinds of things. The kids (and Paul and I) were super spoiled. Thank you! :)

After a big breakfast, I snuck outside and hid the eggs. The hunt was fun and we did the same as last year with only one basket, to keep from the candy hoarding and non-sharing attitudes... It worked well. This was Lullaby's first year hunting and I think she did really well.  The boys were FAST and held as many as they could on each run to and from the basket. I made a video, of course.

The kids got these little crafty bunnies (from Grandma) to make, and they wanted to make them right away. They love little projects like this.

Later on we went to church. Easter is always an especially nice Sunday to go to church. Everyone is happy and smiling more than usual and there is a sweet spirit there to be felt.  Lullaby wore her new Easter dress that Grandma Stacy made for her, adorable.  Matix wore his new suit coat and Hawken picked his own outfit, so he would "look the coolest" - according to him.  These pictures are typical of these kids. Lulli lined right up and was ready for pictures. Matix used his forced smile. Hawken was busy trying to get Matix's attention. Typical.

Here the boys are being bunnies.

Some solo pics of the babes.

After church, the kids ran around outside a bit (notice the RED cheeks from hot Arizona), and then we had dinner. Amanda and Cody joined us and so did Neil and Shirlene. It was a nice full table and everything was tasty! Happy Easter!

2 comments:

Mom said...

I love watching the hunt!

Stacy said...

I love Lullaby's determination in trying to hold all three eggs. They are all just soooooo cute! and we really enjoyed having you here for Easter.