Thursday, June 6, 2013

last moving pics

Thursday, the day before we actually moved down to Houston was an exciting day. We got our washing machine and refrigerator picked up from the store.  Hawken and Linnaea tried to reach their arms as high as it stood in the truck. Seeing these appliances meant we were nearly ready to move in!

The last morning we were there, we loaded up the kids' mattresses on top of our car.  Gavin and Linnaea are getting new beds and mattresses, so we bought their old ones from them. It worked out really well for all of us.  

We said good-bye to Grandpa Lee and Grandma Stacy and Dale and Vanessa and their kiddies.  Lee and Stacy headed back toward Arizona, with a few stops along the way to see some cowboy-ish things.   Here are the four hard workers that fixed our house and made it livable. Thank you SO much!!!

Now we are here. Living in Houston Texas. What a weird thing to say. I still can't get used to it. Paul and I worked really hard the first couple days getting everything we still needed for the house.  Then Paul started back to studying on Monday, and I have been working my tail off. This morning, the kids and I went grocery shopping and then they played outside until they got sweaty, while I worked inside putting up curtains in their rooms until I got sweaty. We stopped for lunch and then we all took a nap. They are still sleeping, despite the UPS driver pounding on the door AND ringing the door bell.  I however, wanted a break to blog.  Here is a glimpse in our dining area of the kitchen. It's all in the same  room as the kitchen, just next to it. It makes setting and serving and cleaning up really easy.

Lullaby always asks to see her picture now afterward, and when it's a group shot, she announces, "No, me tease!" which means she wants a picture of only her "cheesing". :) Silly girl.

Then the boys copied her and tried to do their best Lulli impressions. I love these kids.

2 comments:

Mom said...

How nice to be settled into the next chapter!

Stacy said...

Jessie, you need to be careful and not overdue. You are still growing a baby in your tummy and your little body needs to take it easy. Everything will get done eventually.