We went to the Lego store for their monthly "free build" for the first time this week. We have never gone before, because the stores have always been so far away from us. Also, it says the kids are supposed to be 6 years old (the choking hazard thing, I think) so I knew it could be a bust. We got there to a looooong line. Apparently, if we want to avoid the line, we need to be there around 4:45, even though it starts at 5pm. I waited in line with Lullaby and Paul and the boys played inside. There is an iceskating rink inside the mall here and that was all the entertainment Lullaby needed while we waited. Well, that and periodically checking on her boys through the windows.
Once we got to the front of the line we got three "tickets" so each of the kids, even Lullaby, could build a little fisherman. They were all so excited. Paul built Lulli's for her, but Matix and Hawken worked on their own. There were big numbered directions and Matix was able to do it with very little assistance from the worker. Hawken needed more help, but stuck with it and completed it.
I think we will be doing this again. It's free and they get to bring home something from the Lego store, something that they are always BEGGING to do, but it's so expensive we never do. They were so sweet to let our kids all do the build too, even though they are all under the age of 6. Love it!


2 comments:
That was a long wait for a maybe. Glad you lucked out!
You always find fun things to do with your kids, and free fun at that - so great! I'm sure missing the kids.
Post a Comment