Every day when I put the kids down for naps, they each have special things and routines they like. Lullaby must go to sleep first. If she is second or third she is too wired up from all the kisses and will get out of her bed. I lay her down, read a book with her, give her a kiss and then I kiss all her babies (per her request) and cover her with her special yellow blankie. Then I "make her room sleepy" by pulling the blinds and closing the curtains. I turn on the fan and tell her I love her. She is SO good about the big girl bed thing, as long as I stick to the routine. Hawken and Matix then both go to the bathroom, use the toilet and then get a sip of water. They both go to their rooms. Matix and Hawken both like to sleep next to a toy. It is supposed to be in the small toy bin next to their beds, but EVERY day, Matix tries to sneak his into his bed with him. I check under his pillow and pull the toy out and talk about the rule, again. I close his curtains and give him an eskimo kiss, and a regular kiss, and then he gives me a big bear squeeze. He asks me (every time) if he is getting stronger. I say, "Yes, of course you are!" and then he rolls over ready for bed. I turn on his fan and he says some version of "I love you", or "You're the best mommy" which he knows I eat up. Hawken likes to turn on his own fan, while I close his curtains. Then I have to ask him what he will dream about. If I forget to ask, he reminds me. :) He tells me a long list of things. Today, he said he will dream about the new baby, and me getting married to daddy, and scooter rides. Adorable. They really love being awake when Paul comes home from studying, to see daddy, and of course ride on his scooter! One day we had a late nap so dinner time came and went and I said they could stay up for Paul to give them a scooter ride when he got home. As you can see, they LOVED it. Paul is such a good daddy!
Lulli didn't want a ride at first, and just liked waving and showing me her ouchies while we waited for each boy to come back. She is such a tough little girl with getting hurt.
I love their windblown hair! They took turns and talked the whole time they waited about how fast they went and how they are going to get their own scooter when they grow up.
Finally Lullaby was brave enough to try it with me driving. We only went around the cul de sac, and she was very tense. Not her favorite. She posed nicely for the picture though. Silly girl.
Paul comes back late tonight. Dale is picking him up from the airport, since we will already be sleeping and he is flying into the airport that is farther away from us and closer to Dale and Vanessa. He'll sleep there tonight and then we are heading up there first thing in the morning to get him and start the Father's Day festivities that the kids planned. Should be fun. We can hardly wait to get our hands on this guy. We love him SO much.


4 comments:
What GREAT pictures!! Could you email me the closeup of Lullaby. When I take a screen shot it's a little grainy, and I LOVE that shot! I love the bedtime routines. You were like that too.
I love all their bedtime routines!!
Cute!
I wish every child had a mommy and daddy like Matix, Hawken, and Lullaby...and a scooter
of course:)
Post a Comment