This is the "caterpillar tree". We used to call it the flower tree because it has these perfect little flowers on it...
But now we call it the caterpillar tree... We go on walks a lot and we pass it along the way. Matix pointed at it one day and said "bug"... 


As I looked closer, I realized it was COVERED in caterpillars! They were really small for a week or two and now they are HUGE! :)
That is Paul's hand, so you can see how big they really are.
We have shown our caterpillar tree to lots of friends, it really is pretty cool. Here is a video of them too. You can see one eating a leaf.
2 comments:
Wow! I have never seen so many and so big. You have a lot of adventures on your island. Matix is learning a lot.
Cute picture of Linnaea.
Pretty-colored caterpillars, but eeww!
Post a Comment