The grocery store down the street has yet to be built... The workers seem to be working at an incredibly slow pace. I am getting nervous that it won't be finished by their November deadline, they may not even be done by our leaving the island date... I REALLY want to go shopping at a decent grocery store that is NOT an hours drive before we go back to the States. :)
We went to the construction site (as we often do), but it was another Dominican holiday... It is hard to remember which one. They have holidays every other week practically. Anyway, the whole area was deserted, so we took advantage. This is the inside of the largest part of the building, but there are many other rooms and floors. It is HUGE. Rianna and Matix are showing me how big it is.
The boys tried out a few of the trucks. Yes, I call them all trucks. I don't know the real name for them. Sad, I know, I have 2 little boys and I don't know all the truck names. Matix calls them all "big tucks!" Matix's best buddy Shane knows them all though. Shane? A little help?
Matix found one of the worker's straw hats.
Rianna gave it a try too, hat and all. :)
These boys had the greatest time exploring and trying out every truck I could lift them into. Oh the faces on Hawken... always talking and making the weirdest faces.
I love that in Dominica, this is perfectly acceptable, to let my children run amuck in a construction site. Oh, and don't worry Grandmas, they were safe. I am going to take advantage of every silly little thing like this that I can... Once we get back to the States there will be so many new RULES... :)
3 comments:
Ha ha I LOVE this!! They must have been in heaven. It is so true about the "rules". I was just thinking today as Shane was playing with the rocks on campus that I'm sure when we get to the states I am going to have to pull him away from some perfectly manicured yard or something ha ha. And, Shane says he thinks that's a skid steer. At least that's what his book says. And a crane :)
Hehe i rmemebe that time lol that as chill
-Riri your neighbour
made a blogspot thignie imma make a blog blog
Power shovel, Grader, Crane, those are the only names of trucks I know. What would I have done with little boys? Guess we would have gone to the library for a little research project.
Post a Comment