Monday, October 18, 2010

helpers

Lazarus cuts our grass. He uses a little weed eater for the entire thing, front AND back. It takes him a few hours... The boys usually watch him from the window, noses pressed firmly on the screens, anxiously waiting for him to be done. When he is finished with the big parts of the yard and puts the weed eater away, I let the boys out. Then Lazarus goes through the little rock beds and the sand box and pulls out the rest of the weeds by hand or with his machete.

He always leaves a huge mess of the dead freshly cut grass everywhere, and so the boys thought they could help make some piles for him to clean up later.
What good helpers I have! :) Honestly though, they ran around picking up grass and making piles and it did actually help Lazarus get his job done faster. Not fast, but fast-er... Nothing around here gets done as quickly as I like them to be done. For example, Lazarus just came today to change our light bulb after it had been out for almost a month. Wow.

1 comment:

Mom said...

I get a lot of help from Alexandra. She loves to dust, and she folds all the washcloths! It really is helpful. At least it doesn't un-do anything.