Saturday, October 16, 2010

slow poke

Yes, I am a slow poke in many ways, but mostly when it comes to posting things on the blog when they actually happen. I am trying to get better, but for now I just really need to catch up.

Over the break (I know, that was at the end of AUGUST! Wow I am slow), we went on a ton of little trips. We mainly went to beaches, but we also did a few hikes. Here we are at Fort Shirley. This was the whole group. I really do love getting a group picture when we go anywhere with more than just our family. It is so fun to look back on.

We had only been here once before about a year ago. It was so much fun hiking around and trying to remember where certain things were. There are tons of ruins in the woods that we explored. This little cave had bats in it. So of course Paul and Matix had to go in and check it out.

Paul is always wanting me to take pictures like this of him. Should I be worried? :) Just kidding Paul, I love your silly personality.

Family picture in the woods. One boy in a backpack, one in a front pack... What will we do when we have more than just these two? We are running out of places to strap them! :) It was a hot day, so walking around in the shaded woods was perfect!

Sleepy Hawken. Such a cute baby. He can pass out anywhere, but it's especially easy when he is cuddled up with mommy. :)

The entire day Paul was hunting lizards. And although he didn't actually catch a lizard, he did catch a hermit crab... Well, the hermit crab caught him! :)

We found lots of wild life... snakes, crabs, and lizards, oh my! Matix was so brave and touched everything. I was not so brave, and kept my distance. Matix poking a crab in it's mouth.

Matix touching a snake.

Of course we had to take a family picture on the cannons overlooking the bay. Beautiful.

Paul found the boys a kid sized cannon for them later. :)

Last year, Matix was Hawken's age and LOVED this little water pump. We got some cute pictures of Matix doing this same thing then. Sadly, Matix fell just after his pics were taken, but happily, Hawken did not fall when we set him up there to do the same thing and had Paul just out of camera view to catch him if need be.


Family pictures. I love them. As always, in each picture something weird is happening. One has Matix chewing in a way that makes his mouth look funny, and in the other, Hawken has his hand on Matix's head... Of course. :)

1 comment:

Mom said...

I love all the family pictures, too!