Tropical storm, (now hurricane) Tomas... is upon us.

Scary sounding, but so far so good. We have plenty of food and water and so far we still have power, although many people have lost theirs. We also have a back up generator just in case, which is a HUGE blessing. Most of the stores are now closed, as well as campus. Here is a news feed talking about the storm. In it they talk a bit about St. Lucia, which we are 2 islands north of.
It has been off and on rainy and extremely windy here, but I don't think anywhere near as fast as is predicted in the video (75 mph). Our island is so small, it isn't mentioned directly in any news that I could find, but we have been given a warning from the government to stay inside and stay safe.
The real concern is that on Monday, Paul has his 2nd mini exam. Since campus closed, he had to pack up his stuff and come home to study. He is over at Phil's house now trying to get in some more study time before he calls it a night. I hate it that Tomas disrupted his studying right before a test. :( Paul has been working so hard though, I know he will do fine. But keep him in your thoughts and prayers, that he will do well on the exam and that this storm will pass quickly without doing any damage. :)
In other news, we had a great afternoon at the children's fall festival. It was SO much fun. I got some great pictures from today and also yesterday the boys and I ventured to the interior of the island to visit Crescent Moon... Many pictures and updates to come. Happy Halloween! :)
2 comments:
Are you still okay?
I hope the storm blows right past you!
Post a Comment