Yes, it's true. I successfully attempted and created the coveted (and intimidating) homemade Halloween costume! I made a shark costume for Hawken and a surfboard for Matix. I had lots of help though. Thanks to Kelly for getting the fabric for me from Roseau. Thanks to Sindy for letting me use her sewing machine. Thanks to Mike for driving it over to my house. Thanks to Tracy for helping me get my idea from paper into fabric. Here was the original idea. Paul made me take a picture of my sketch, please, no art critics. I am obviously not a professional artist.
Tracy worked her magic on the sewing machine. I had only completed the toothy shark hood when she came over. We had to talk everything out so she knew what I wanted, then she zipped it together. She was a HUGE help! :)
Then I cut out the surfboard for Matix, colored it and cut a bite mark. I think it turned out pretty good.
Here is the end result. Matix, the cool surfer dude.
Hawken, the cute baby shark. Adorable.

We went trick-or-treating yesterday and it was SO fun. More pictures and videos of that and all the other Halloween fun we have planned, coming soon... :)
6 comments:
So cute Jessie, good job on the costumes. We love halloween too. My boys just wanted to be boring pirates this year, I've got to talk them into something more creative for next year!
Wow! Jessie! Great job on the costumes! And great that Matix was willing to carry the surfboard! Cute all the way around. I just finished helping Jolie with Bradley's and Ali's costumes: skeleton and evil princess. Trick-or-Treating is Sunday for us. Pig Roast is tomorrow. Wish you were here! All the sisters are coming to the pig roast again this year.
Those costumes are darling! You did a great job :) I remember trick or treating with Kenley at Ross like it was yesterday--I can't believe its been a year already...
Oh my goodness! So cute! Love both of them! Matix the cool surfer dude, and the cutest shark I've ever seen! Great job!
The boys costumes are really cute. Great job! We have been gone to Snowbird for a week and just got caught up on your blog. Enjoyed all of the pictures, Matix and his "ah-bella and and the baby calf. The boys are so cute.
again- I am OVERLY impressed!
Post a Comment