Monday, February 28, 2011

the cake pop fiasco

I attempted to make cake pops... Key word is attempted. This is how I made them...
  1. Bake a cake from a box.
  2. Let it cool overnight, then crumble it up and mix it with 1 container of frosting.
  3. Refrigerate for a few hours.
  4. Roll into balls.
  5. Melt chocolate or candy melts (I used red candy melts, because the white chocolate wasn't cooperating).
---this is where it all went wrong---

6. Get the melted candy on the cake balls... I tried dipping, rolling, even pouring it over the top, but nothing turned out very cute... Stacy even tried on a later batch, but she couldn't get it to work well either... Maybe we will try chocolate again later and have some luck.
7. Let them cool for an hour.
8. Put cake balls on a candy stick to make it a "pop".
9. Eat and enjoy your delicious (and ugly, if you have my luck) cake pops.

They were really tasty, and I had hoped to bring some for a friend who was having a birthday party for her little girl, but they turned out too ugly to share. :) So we ate them ourselves... Maybe next time they will be pretty. Please ignore the huge mess on Hawken from his dinner. :) He really gets into his food.

3 comments:

Josh and Kelly said...

Well they look delicious and that's all that matters to me most of the time anyway!

The Fredericks said...

delish! ps nothing is ever too ugly to share with me :)

Mom said...

I know when you dip strawberries in chocolate, you have to add a very small amount of melted parrafin. I know that sounds wrong, but it's right.