I'm not sure which day of the trip this was, but we'll call it day #2. :) My mom and Louie, the kids and I went on adventures all over Miami each day they were here (Paul was busy studying mostly). I had not been to the Miami Seaquarium yet, but I had heard really good things about it. Right when you walk in there are animals and birds there to greet you with their handlers. The boys could touch pretty much anything they wanted to, which was great when compared with the zoo experience where Matix kept holding his hands out trying to coax the animals to jump over their fences into his arms... :)
There were sting rays.
Peacocks and other pretty birds. All were very friendly too, because Louie walked right up to this one and started petting him... Wow! :)
And a playground... We love playgrounds. :)
Hawken was a little nervous, as he is with ALL animals... but we all wanted to see the dolphin show, so we tried it out.
Even though we were far back from the edge of the tank we got wet from a huge splash. Hawken screamed and then pouted. He was NOT a fan of the shock of seeing a huge animal jump high out of the water in front of him and come crashing back down, just to splash cold water in his face. Poor little guy.
We watched people feed the sea lions (no we didn't let the boys hold the nasty slimy dead fish and feed them themselves). Watching was just as fun.
Just as it started to rain, and the boys were getting ready for their nap, we stopped by to see the Florida gators before we left. It was cold, so they weren't moving around all that much, which is how I prefer them!
Matix had to pose with the big shark teeth on the way out.
And of course, touch this massive iguana. Yuck. It was so gross.
4 comments:
Awwww, the Seaquarium!! We went there every single Wednesday the whole time we were in Miami! Ella and Emmy loved it there! In fact, Ella still talks about Lolita, and how she thinks Lolita misses her and wants her to come back to Miami :) Glad you guys are having so much fun!
Funny how different two kids can be- animal lover and animal skeptic. And 6:30- wow, I am impressed!
The Seaquarium looks like a fun place! Tanner is totally like Hawken, very cautious! I love it that Matix is so into everything!
That was a really nice place. I hope you enjoy it some more times while you are there.
Post a Comment