So, we are here in Decatur, Georgia... It's a suburb of Atlanta, and we are looking for things to do. It has been pretty cold the past week or so, with a few days on nice weather in between. On these cold days, I want to know what to do. I have found a few magazines that tell about the area, parks, etc. I want to find some place like this: (these were from back in Miami in October)
The children's museum in Miami was WONDERFUL, and thanks to a few free days, we went there at least once a month, if not more. The boys loved it. Here in Georgia, there are a few museums I had been recommended to go to, and a zoo, and tons of parks... But what do we do in the cold? I can't go to the museum every day (especially with how much it costs)... Ideas?
6 comments:
Get jackets and hats! You played outside in subzero weather all year around. After a few days they'll get used to it. Then you can have hot cocoa when you come in, or hot soup if it's time to eat.
It is soo hard. I have that problem every time I visit NY in the winter. The best thing is to make friends and set up some play dates. Im sure other moms are looking for things to do to. Have music day, art day, etc. You are great at finding interesting things to do...Im sure they will survive the winter. We do go to the malls because they usually have a little free play area.
Here's a link to a video of what we did today: sledding! It was 20 degrees out and getting dark (about 4:30 PM). The pictures look just like you when you were little. Watch it and you'll realize IT'S NOT COLD WHERE YOU ARE!
http://youtu.be/hIb39LnAFhM Love you!!
It didn't go in as a link. I guess you'd have to copy-paste it. Sorry.
Does your childrens museum have annual passes? They can be pricy, but we used shane's christmas money for it, and totally get our money's worth and more. We go to the library, lots of playdates, the McDonalds/burger king playplace, bookstores can be pretty cool- ours has a big train set and toys and stuff and a story time. I would check out your city website and see if they have anything under recreation, ours does some things for kids in the town gym and stuff. And yes, bundle them up and let them play outside! Maybe while Lullaby is napping with the baby monitor on?
I'm with Josh & Kelly on the annual pass. We got the grandparents to all pitch in on one last Christmas, and it's been great to go as often as we want. We also spend a lot of time at the library for story time.
Post a Comment