Aren't kids good at pointing out the beauty and fun in the simplest things? I have been taking time lately to really watch these kiddos of mine. They are fascinating. Really watching them and trying to see what they see is amazing. The other day I found them here. On the stairs. Doing... nothing. Just existing and loving it. Matix had a broken necklace that he was dragging up and down the steps below him, listening to the sound of it.
Hawken put his pretzels in this big bowl and was sitting eating his snack. He likes to use big bowls whenever possible. Why? Who knows, but to him, it makes his snack time special.
Then later they watched... and I watched them watching. There was nothing really going on, just enjoying the view. It was too early in the morning and too cold to play outside, but they didn't mind. They talked about the bugs, and birds, and people they saw. They watched the neighbors leaving for work. Hawken stood on tip toes so he could see. Matix had his cars clutched tight in his fist.
They are completely entertained with the simplest things. Figuring out what life is all about, I guess. I love being able to watch them grow, and be a mom and really see this life from an entirely different perspective. I had a good day.
5 comments:
What a beautiful photo essay. Such thoughtfulness and beautiful photography!
I loved this post Jessie. And especially the picture with the footie pajamas!
So true. And I'm pretty sure to our kids having stairs inside your house is one of the most exciting things ever! Wish we were close to you guys, Shane would love to play cars with Matix.
I love those little moments. I used to let things get in the way of enjoying them (like doing the dishes and other household chores) but lately I find those are the moments that they and therefore I enjoy the most.
This is such a neat post- I love how you capture so many adorable moments!
Post a Comment