June 17th: Our garden started looking like a real garden. Flowers beginning to bud on most of the plants, and the beets were already to be picked (if we wanted small ones).
July 11th: We finally started getting some
veggies!! We were so excited. I took a few pictures of Matix and then he wanted
to take a few of me. Most of these pictures were posed by Matix first. He would
say, “Make a face like this, and hold the cumbers this way, that’s good.” He
was so funny about it.
We have stopped buying cucumbers altogether because we get
so many from the garden now. The squash stopped growing because of a massive
ant colony building their home underneath the plants, so we only got a couple
squash. Our watermelons are all
the size of softballs right now and we have a TON of tomatoes starting. I had no idea I would love gardening,
but I do. It’s actually fun (minus the weeding, that gets old fast).

2 comments:
You liked your little garden when you were little too. When your tomatoes start coming, you should ask Grandma for her spaghetti sauce recipe. It's SOOO good, and very versatile for lots of different recipes.
Congrats on getting garden produce! We've been intending to start one next year...for the past several years. :)
Post a Comment